Tuesday, August 2, 2011

avocado


my sophomore year of college, much to my roommate's dismay, i decided to try a good old fashioned science experiment. i had recently discovered my love for avocados, and was inspired to grow my very own avocado tree (photo A). a month and a half ago or so (approximately three years later), i tried to transfer the avocado "tree" into soil, and well, it died. i am trying to revive it, but incase i fail, i am starting a new avocado tree (photo B). i also plan on doing a little more research as to when is best to transfer the plant to soil and under what conditions. my new plant's name is t.j., after tatum janel of course. i know, i know, your life ambition of having such an exquisite plant named after you has been attained. you can thank me later when my avocado tree produces an avocado.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha...tj

They grow a lot of avocados down in florida where my grandma lives so I bet summer would be the best time to transfer it.

Tatum Janel said...

BAH! i never wanted to have an avocado named after me.. yuck. I hope it dies.