Monday, January 12, 2009

funny article

I found this article via ArtForum, a contemporary art magazine. Its about how to avoid embarrassment on facebook and especially pertains to future politicians. Some of the suggestions seem a little obvious, but its funny nonetheless.

Vote for Me, Not My Facebook Account

Although the statements made in this article may seem to be no-brainers to many people, I think there is a real point to the idea of this article. How often do we think seriously about the things that we put on the internet? Whether its facebook or a blog or a photo-sharing site, once you put an image or a thought onto the internet, there's no getting it back. People have the ability to appropriate any idea or image from the internet that they desire to have as their own, and can then use it anyway they see fit.
I don't really know where I'm going with this... maybe it really has to do with the futility of this world and our lives, who knows.

No comments: