Monday, January 26, 2009

this is about Jesus



I'm super busy this week and should be working on homework right now, but I felt like taking a moment to post this image. This is my first assignment for my Studio Lighting class (its actually called "The Fabricated Image"). We had to set up a scene inside a box. I think about half of the class set up little forest scenes with props from a hobby shop, but I decided to take an alternative route. I'm really not satisfied with the aesthetic outcome of this image (this is a digital picture, I also took some shots with a 4x5 view camera... but I don't like those either), but I love the concept, and I think I'll try to redo this sometime to make it better. I'm pretty sure I could do it at home with a "home made studio" consisting of desk lamps and flashlights and all that good stuff.
Anyway, this is my first photograph that is directly about Jesus, but I feel like its not good enough for Him. I suppose, in all reality, nothing really is. You would think that it wouldn't have taken me so long for my art to be a direct reference to my Savior, the love of my life... but I suppose that I'm always a little late in getting the things done that I need to. Praise God for his grace and patience with me.
Now we'll just have to see if I can make my "Days of Future Past" fibers assignment about Jesus. That will be quite the challenge.

2 comments:

headamuse said...

man sometimes I wish I could see whats going on inside your head... this idea is cool!

Hilary said...

I actually really like this Erin!! I can only imagine what the 'improved' one will look like, even though I think this one is great already